Have to say I’m more than a little annoyed at WordPress for iPad’s app for deleting a haul post based on my purchases last week – stupid technology.
I went off spending my money at both Boots and Superdrug today and ended up buying LOTS. Much more than expected. As always, I only went in to buy a few things and ended up spending far more than I previously anticipated. However I enjoyed myself so that’s what counts, right?
1. Collection 2000 Longer Lash Waterproof Mascara in Black, £2.99 – Realised I didn’t have a waterproof mascara for summer..and now I do! No longer will I go swimming, forget I’m wearing mascara and walk around with scary panda eyes all day. I love Collection 2000’s Extreme Length mascara so I hope this one is just as brilliant.
2. Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Polishes in Green Berry and Prickly Pear, £3.99 each – Slightly obsessed with Barry M gelly polishes at the moment! They dry incredibly fast with a professional-looking shiny gel finish and last for days. Can’t have enough.
3. Nivea Sun Pocket-Size, £2.98 – I’m constantly caught outdoors in the summer without my big bottle of suncream and inevitably end up getting horribly and painfully sunburnt. Hopefully this tiny handbag-size sunscreen will stop that happening, a must-have for any pale people like myself.
4. Collection 2000 Cream Puff Lip Cream in Fairycake, £2.99 – These look and smell so similar to NYX’s matte lip cream which can be a bit expensive and very hard to find in the UK, and I’m completely in love with them for their cocoa butter smell and gorgeous matte finish. Naturally I had to pick one up.
5. L’Oreal EverSleek Smoothing Care System, £4.59 – I’ve seen this reviewed glowingly on plenty of beauty blogs lately and since I need a good hair mask for my dry, longer hair at the moment so I wanted to try this out. It claims to not contain silicones or parabens which I hate with cheap hair products as the ‘cone overload makes my hair look and feel disgusting. And the price isn’t too bad for a small tub of product. Let’s see what happens!
6. Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 Hour Cream Eyeshadow in Permanent Taupe and Immortal Charcoal, £4.99 each – I’ve been wanting this product in Permanent Taupe for a while and couldn’t pass up the buy-one-get-one-half-price offer. I’m new to cream shadows but had a Benefit lady put some on me recently which looked gorgeous. And I love trying new products.
7. Collection 2000 nail polish in Milkshake, free! – I spent over £3.99 on C2000 products so I picked out this pretty nude-pink nail polish to add to my collection. Truthfully none of the colours looked very exciting on the shelf but you can’t say no to a free nail polish. And I might love this, who knows?
I did get 10% student discount off everything so luckily it didn’t work out quite as expensive!
1. Boots Essentials Fragrance Free Cleansing Wipes, 3 for £3 – These are on offer most of the time, but I don’t go to Boots often so I stocked up. I hate overspending on face wipes but these are perfect – they don’t sting and manage to do a good job of removing most of my makeup at night. Can’t have too many!
2. Mudd Original Face Mask Pouch, £4.99 – I tried a single-use sachet of this mask last week and didn’t expect much due to poor reviews, but I love it! Made my skin incredibly clear and soft. This squishy pouch claims to contain 10 uses so it’s great value for money.
3. Montagne Jeunesse Face Mask Selection, 4 for £3 – My other favourite face masks, cheap with tons of different styles and flavours. I’m always seeing new ones and still have no clue exactly how many different ones there are out there. They’re perfect for travel or to stash in the bathroom cabinet to use whenever you like as they don’t expire.
4. Got 2B Volumising Styling Powder, £4.07 (bought for £2.03 on offer) – Had to take advantage of the BOGOHP hair offer and wanted to try this. I love Not Your Mother’s ‘Girl Powder’ for giving my greasy hair some major volume but it seems to be out of stock on Urban Outfitters, the only place it was available on the UK and I haven’t seen it on there for a while. Hoping this is just as good..
5. Lee Stafford Treatment (For Hair That Never Grows Past A Certain Length), £10.99 – Swear this was priced much cheaper on the shelf, which led me to stare blankly at the Boots lady when she announced my total. I’d read a few positive reviews on this product online and feel a bit uneasy spending this much on a drugstore product, so hoping it does just what it claims to do.
6. Nivea Vanilla & Macadamia Nut Lip Butter, £2.25 – Hadn’t seen this around for ages and I’ve been wanting to try it. This particular flavour smells AMAZING, like cake with vanilla ice cream. YUM. If it doesn’t work on my lips I can always just smell it and sigh with scent-induced happiness.
7. Model’s Own Artistix Nail Polish in Pink Stuff and Snow Mix, £6 each – Bought this on BOGOHP, hadn’t seen them before & they’re such a great idea! Perfect for maximising a polish collection and having a travel-size matching colour and topcoat on hand. I’m having a glittery nail moment so these were impossible to ignore!
After today I’m well and truly stocked up on beauty products – someone please confiscate my bank card?
Anyone tried any of these products before? What did you think? & what did you buy this weekend?