Hey all – hope you had a wonderful Bank Holiday weekend!
I managed to get my hands on one of the limited British Beauty Blogger III boxes, stuffed full of delectable beauty goodies specially chosen by the wonderful Jane herself! Why was I so ridiculously excited about this box over any other beauty box out there? Well, Jane has been in the beauty industry a while, really knows her stuff and always has the best recommendations out there! And not to mention, there was only a limited number so it was no surprise these sold out so quickly.
I wrote up a quick rundown of everything inside, since some of the products look to be absolute gems already…
- Bee Good Honey & Wild Water Mint Cleansing Water sounds an ideal & refreshing substitute for cream cleansers in the summer months! Very appreciative that this is for all skin types as well!
- I’ve yet to try anything from Charlotte Tilbury & I’m curious to try their ultra-luxe Lipstick Kisses! Such cute packaging – maybe this will convert me to high end lip products, who knows!
- The Kneipp Herbal Bath in Mandarin Orange smells so divine – a relaxing citrus/lavender-scented blend. Can’t wait to try this to amp up the fanciness of my bathtime!
- I’m currently loving Avene’s Eau Thermale, but will La Roche Posay Thermal Spring Water be better? I love LRP’s Hydreane Legere moisturiser and my sensitive/combination skin loves the bland, soothing formula of their products, so no doubt this will be a hit too.
- I had a bad experience with an Elemis face product, but hopefully the Elemis Treat Your Feet Foot Cream will be a more positive experience! I’m always after new products to soften and moisturise my feet for summer.
- How great is the idea behind Janjira Hand Wash? All too often we end up having to use downright smelly or overly drying soap in public bathrooms which really bothers me, so I’m thrilled to have this ultra-fancy-smelling travel hand wash with me for such occasions. Mine is the Thai Lime and Ginger scent, a wonderfully zesty and refreshing scent which reminds me of an expensive spa.
- I’ve been wanting to try Benefit It’s Potent eye cream for a while but got put off by the price of the full size, so I’m excited to now have this adorable mini in my possession! There are a lot of mixed reviews on this, so we’ll see if it does any miracles for my undereye circles.
- Bourjois do a great job with their CC Cream and nail products, now I get to try this cute little Cream Blush! Mine is the shade Nude Velvet, a lovely peachy-pink nude shade. Nars’ cream blushes are my favourites, so I’m excited to see how this compares.
- How cute is this little REN Satin Perfection BB Cream?! I noticed it doesn’t have a shade, so does it work as more of a primer, do you know? I don’t expect anything less than great quality from Ren after loving some of their skincare products, so hopefully this will be a hit as well.
- I got the Essie Nail Polish in Spin The Bottle – a really pretty dusty grey-pink shade that would suit any skin tone. This isn’t one that would stand out to me from the shelf, but after loving the grey-beige (greige?) of Model’s Own ‘Utopia’ I’ve come to love the more muted shades. Plus the Essie formula is hard to beat – I’ll be wearing this after getting off my mega-glittery Hard Candy polish!
- Only a tiny sample spray, but wow – Roger & Gallet Gingembre Rouge smells so beautiful! They’re a brand I’d normally dismiss, yet this fruity ginger/rose scent is one I keep sniffing over and over. On first sniff it reminded me of a slightly fruitier Paul Smith ‘Rose’. An unexpectedly lovely summer scent!
- I’ve never tried an ‘essence’ on my skin; that is, the Asian beauty product meant to be used after cleansing and before moisturising. And this Imortelle Divine Lotion by L’Occitane smells good! I hope the scent won’t irritate my sensitive skin, though I’m interested to see if this extra step will make a difference..and if not, I’ll smell amazing!
- What a find! The Makeup Revolution Awesome Eyeshadow and Eyebrow Palette contains 16 versatile shades for lids and brows. I’ve already seen a lot of positive press about this new budget-friendly brand, yet haven’t tried any of their products for myself just yet. The packaging and price point are both similar to MUA products – are these any better? I can’t see myself using the bright glittery shades but the neutrals as well as the brow shades will no doubt come in useful!
- Costing almost £20 on its own, the blogger-approved Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara is one I’ve wanted to try for ages but could never justify the price! However it does make a bold claim. Comparing mascara and sex is like comparing chocolate brownies with cute shoes: both amazing but incomparable! I always stick to cheaper mascara brands such as Collection 2000 and other drugstore options – do you think high end mascaras are worth the extra cost?
- Last one..and what a dreamy product! The Lola Kabuki Brush is compact and stiff (not floppy) whilst soft – ideal for applying powder products such as loose powders, blushes and bronzer anywhere on your face. The softness makes it feel like a truly high-end brush. This mini size is ideal for travelling, the perfect replacement for my beat-up E.L.F. kabuki in my travel makeup bag!
I was so happy I managed to get one of these boxes before they all sold out – less than £20 for all these products is excellent value. I feel Jane put a lot of thought and effort into choosing every single product: what puts me off Glossyboxes and the like is the amount of clearly rubbish ‘bargain bin’ products, yet I can see myself using and loving almost every single one of these high quality items! If only all beauty boxes followed suit. I can’t wait to start using the products and hope there will be a BBB Box # 4 in the near future!