We’ve almost made it through the dreary winter weather, people! Today is looking rather, dare we say, spring-like?! Sunny and not horrendously cold for once. Anyway, my Favourites this month is a little sparse as I’m hoping to be hopping on a plane next month and so saving up money just in case! So here’s what I’ve been adoring during February…
1. Lush Calacas Shower Gel (unavailable) – It’s no secret that I’ve been somewhat obsessing over Lush lately! This was available in the Lush Kitchen a few weeks ago, but I didn’t pick it up at the time, since I’m not usually a fan of citrus or lime-scented products! Instead I took a chance on it, buying one from a lovely seller via Depop, and so glad I did! However this isn’t quite your typical lime – it’s sweet and fruity as well as zesty and energising, perfect for a morning shower! Maybe it’s the neroli which gives it that twist? Calacas is a must-try for anyone who needs a little extra something to wake them up in their morning shower!
2. Lush Lord of Misrule Solid Perfume (unavailable) – I’ve been wearing this layered with the scent of Calacas after showering in the morning – I just can’t get enough of the Lord of Misrule scent! It’s a mix of patchouli, vanilla and black pepper – quite an unusual combination and wasn’t quite sure when I smelled the limited edition bath bombs late last year of the same scent, but it’s distinctive and gorgeous – sweet, warm and a touch earthy. I’d love a liquid version, as well as shower gels and lotions, so I can smell like this all the time!
3. L’Oreal True Match Foundation (£9.99 via Boots) – Admittedly an impulse buy after reading claims of this product’s longevity on oily skin, but turned out to be a great one! A lightweight medium coverage liquid foundation that is perfect for everyday. I use just a single pump to cover my entire face. This wears so well throughout the day without feeling heavy, separating, oxidising or getting too oily – I only need to blot once through the day, if that. And it doesn’t cling to dry areas (thanks, winter weather). I’m NW20 in MAC / Buff in Revlon, and shade C2 Rose Vanilla is a great match for my light, cool-toned skin. A pleasantly affordable must-try for anyone else with oily and combination skin looking for a new everyday foundation!
4. Lush King of Skin Body Butter (£5.75 via Lush) – An unusual concept for moisturising the skin, but has proved really effective! This solid bar is simply massaged into the skin, melting with the warmth of your body and leaves skin non-greasy and beautifully soft. Hardly any more hassle than using lotions, and also smells good enough to eat. Fair trade cocoa butter, shea butter and coconut oil work their magic to thoroughly moisturise dry skin and leave it baby-soft. I received this in a Christmas gift box and was a little skeptical as I don’t really use their massage bars, but I’m so pleased with the results and will now be using it all the time! And who wouldn’t want to smell like delicious cocoa butter?!
5. MAC Creme Cup (£15.50 via MAC Cosmetics UK) – One of those lipsticks I always seem to go back to – as you can see, it’s now little more than a nub and may possibly be the first ever lipstick I use up completely, how exciting! I thought I’d lost it the other day and was so distraught I went to pick up another (by trading in 6 empty MAC products at my local counter using their Back2Mac programme), and of course, found it again a couple of weeks later! Typical. I’ve recently had my hair re-dyed a dark reddish-purple with blonde, and I love how this creamy, warm pale pink nude contrasts with the purple. It is also really hard to find an affordable dupe for this and so definitely worth investing in – one of those wearable pink-nudes that will suit just about everyone.
And that’s it for my favourites this month – my January/February empties will be coming soon! What have you been loving this month?