I know everyone is saying how fast the month has gone, but since it’s just turned my birthday today, and I’m also going away in just over 2 weeks the time couldn’t have gone more slowly for me! I won’t be back until the end of next month (that’s a lot of makeup & beauty packing!) so I won’t be able to post a Favourites until the end of July / beginning of August unfortunately! But here are my favourites for this month, and you can probably tell I’m a big fan of one brand in particular (try to guess which one)…
1. Lush Don’t Rain On My Parade Shower Gel (from £4.75, only available from Lush Oxford Street) – As you probably know, there were few things more exciting to me than the incredible new Lush store on Oxford Street in London: three floors of exclusive, beautiful-smelling products to sample and enjoy! What more could you ask for, really? The exclusive shower gels are absolute must-haves, and this is one of my favourites – a beautiful turquoise blue shower gel scented with sweet violet and vanilla (and blueberry too, apparently). I’ve been pairing this with Lush’s Violet Nights bath oil and Ultraviolet bubble bar for the loveliest floral baths! I adore all of the new shower gels, but this is the one I’ve been reaching for most of all – I can’t get enough of it.
2. Lush Dark Angels Face & Body Cleanser (from £6.75 via Lush) – Definitely not the prettiest-looking cleanser to use, or the tidiest, but after trying a sample of this and seeing what an amazing difference it made to my skin, I had to get hold of the full size. Simply pinch a tiny piece of this black squishy cleanser, mix with water and gently rub all over the face and neck (and body, if you suffer from body blemishes). And try not to laugh at yourself in the mirror. Suitable for even sensitive skin (just don’t scrub hard), it has made my face incredibly smooth, clear and kept even the hormonal blemishes away. Yes, it’s a messy one, but worth the wiping up afterwards! I use every couple of days and my skin texture has never been better. I’m just going to have to apologise to my guyfriend for the black stuff all over his bathroom when I take this away with me..
3. Lush Rosy Cheeks Face Mask (£5.95, only available from Lush Oxford Street) – Another exclusive – I had to ask my dad to pick this up for me since I couldn’t find it on my trip there! And I’m so glad he did. My skin can be super-sensitive and therefore prone to redness, so I’m thrilled Lush finally has a mask specifically designed to soothe sensitive skin. It immediately relieves any soreness as it’s both cold from the fridge and filled with calamine (ultra-soothing), not to mention the true rose scent is gorgeous. I noticed the biggest difference after my first use, and when used every few days my skin looked and felt much more calm. I hope this becomes permanent asap – I’m not so keen on the other masks but this one is excellent!
4. Lush [New] Charity Pot (£6.95 via Lush) – My current go-to lotion! The light floral/cocoa scent seems to go with most scents, so this is what I’ve been reaching for after an evening bath. Not to mention it’s wonderfully moisturising and leaves skin feeling baby soft the next day – it can feel a little greasy if you use too much, so best to use before going to bed. On top of being a great product in itself, the whole cost of the pot (minus VAT) goes to wonderful charitable causes, meaning it does good for others as well as being great for your skin!
5. Escada Born in Paradise Eau de Toilette (£25 via Debenhams) – I did buy this last year, but unlike many other fragrance purchases I’m still enjoying it! I feel like Escada fragrances are targeted at a younger audience and therefore underrated by most, but this is really just like summer in a bottle, and I feel instantly uplifted and ready for sunshine whenever I wear it! Consisting of pineapple, watermelon, guava and coconut, this is like an irresistable tropical cocktail in spray form, and I love it! Now we just need the tropical weather to go with it..
6. MAC Lipstick in Patisserie (£15.50 via MAC Cosmetics) – This has been my go-to the last couple of months, especially since recolouring my hair a touch too red meant my beloved MAC Creme Cup isn’t quite as flattering as usual. I used to dismiss Patisserie as a ‘boring’ shade, but it’s actually the ideal suit-all casual nude which looks especially good with red hair and dramatic eyes. One of those shades you don’t need a mirror to apply, but effortlessly disguises bare lips with the prettiest pinky-nude hue to pull a look together. I’ve yet to finish up a lipstick, but with the amount I’ve been wearing this lately this could be the one!
7. NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Sex Machine (£19 via Space NK) – A product my mum actually gave to me after disliking it on her own lips is an all-time favourite of mine – so glad it made its way to me! NARS definitely like their risque names, so this one is a little awkward to ask for in store! The prettiest matte dusty pink-rose shade in a soft, easy-to-apply chunky pencil – easy to pair with just about any look, and looks especially pretty on fair skin tones. As you can see this has been well-loved – shows how much I use it!
8. Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Airbrush Foundation in Fair Honey ($36 via Sephora US) – My go-to lazy day foundation! I have to say this really isn’t ‘full coverage’ to me, more of a light to medium. I love that it’s super-easy to apply with a fat fluffy kabuki brush (the recommended Tarte brush is a bit too stiff & dense for my liking) and take seconds to apply, rather than spending ages blending liquid foundation with my fingers and washing messy hands afterwards. This is ideal for covering most of my redness when I have to leave the house in a rush – it feels so lightweight and fuss-free, and the Fair Honey shade is ideal for my light cool-toned skin. I think I’ve almost finished this one, so guess what I’ll be repurchasing when I’m away later this month!
I hope you love my Favourites for May! Have you tried any of these products? What are you loving this month? Let me know below, & if you’ve written a Favourites post too I’d love to read it!