So I’m back from 6 busy and wonderful weeks in sunny Florida, USA and still very jetlagged, hence the lack of posts! But thought I’d finally put up my most favourite things from the month of July to share with you all!
1. Contents at Target Floral Zip-Up Makeup Bag (currently unavailable online) – I grabbed this on my travels, as it was the perfect size to keep my makeup brushes and lip pencils clean, organised and safe, as I used the bathroom to do my makeup! Much more preferable to keeping them in an old ziplock bag. The colourful pattern brightens up any space or suitcase too – not so bad for a few dollars!
2. Givenchy Le Rouge Lipstick in 102 Beige Plume ($36 via Sephora USA) – My most expensive lipstick by far! When attempting to find a UK link for this shade and failing, I was a little worried it had been discontinued..which would be awful! I initially fell in love with this a couple of years ago when a Sephora employee tried it out on me during a makeover. I hadn’t used this much since, but have recently been reaching for it a ton, as it’s a slightly coral-peach dusty nude – ideal for the mild summer weather. Not to mention the beauty of the weighty, luxurious leather packaging. The formula is super-soft, feeling truly high end and much smoother than any cheaper dupe I’ve tried in the past. Absolutely worth the money in my opinion!
3. Fresh Peony Brightening Night Treatment Mask (£46.10 inc shipping via Amazon UK) – Another expensive purchase, but one that’s really helped out my skin! I hardly bought much else from Sephora this time around (surprising, I know!) but wanted something that could help my redness and dehydrated skin. Funnily enough the Florida humidity did wonders for my skin (shame the same can’t be said for my hair) and I wanted to maintain that feeling. I’ve been using it for around 3 weeks now and my skin does feel softer, smoother, plumper and more hydrated, but I’ve yet to see massive changes in marks or redness – hopefully that will happen later. I’d been using it every night for the first week or two, but then realised it’s only recommended to be used 1-2 times per week – at least nothing bad’s happened yet! Hopefully this will continue to maintain the soft, smooth feeling of my skin and also deliver on the brightening promises in time.
4. Colab Dry Shampoo Extreme Volume in New York (£1.66 for 50ml via Superdrug) – I’d heard a lot of praise for the Colab dry shampoo line before I went away, so I grabbed a mini size of the fruity, tropical New York scent to take with me. This was ideal for freshening up hair in the nightmare humidity – I wore a hat almost the whole time since my hair looked lank and greasy as soon as I stepped outside, even if it had just been washed! This definitely helped before taking photos or before going out to give my hair a touch of volume and to take away some of the greasy look – I took it with me practically everywhere to spritz in my roots and rub through. Great value, especially if you can find it on sale.
5. Lush Twilight Shower Gel (currently unavailable) – One of my all-time favourites from the Lush Kitchen – they absolutely need to start selling this in stores! This deep purple vanillary-lavender shower gel smells divine, really helping me to get in the mood for sleep and fight this killer jetlag which keeps me up until 2-3am. Pair this with a Twilight bath bomb from Lush and you have the bathtime dreams are made of!
6. EOS Hand Lotion in Berry Blossom (£3.83 via Amazon UK) – These are around $2 pretty much everywhere in the US, including the supermarkets! I hated the EOS lip balms as they dried up my lips, so didn’t have high hopes for this hand cream. And I was proved wrong! The light, non-greasy formula absorbs into skin so fast, and hydrates hands without leaving them feeling sticky or greasy afterwards. This was ideal as a daytime hand cream for when I was cleaning up and doing housework around my guyfriend’s apartment and my hands felt dry – I could eat food or use the computer almost straight afterwards without fear of leaving residue everywhere. The small, flip-top tube is ideal for carrying in your handbag (but not so ideal for keeping in the TSA ziplock back as it’s an odd shape!) – glad these are so affordable!
7. Maybelline Full ‘n’ Soft Waterproof Mascara ($7.99 via Ulta) – Sadly this is pretty much impossible to get hold of in the UK..which is so sad because it’s consistently the best mascara I’ve ever used! I’d tried more expensive waterproof mascaras before going over, though it was ridiculous how many weren’t actually waterproof in any way whatsoever. This made my lashes look long, defined and voluminous, and didn’t budge at all even in the crazy heat and humidity. It’s also easy enough to remove with an oil-based makeup remover. I think I’ll use up all my pricier mascara backups and just stick to this when possible!
And those are all my favourites for July – what have you been loving this past month? Let me know down below! My beautiful quartz necklace is from Shop Dixi (get 10% off your first order using this link) – nearly all of my jewellery is bought there and I always get so many compliments on it. Look out for more posts very soon now I’m home again, and if there’s anything at all beauty-related you want me to write a post about, be sure to let me know!